The British Women Pilots’ Association (BWPA) has announced the winners of its 2015 scholarships. The six winners were selected from more than 80 applicants.
Announcing the winners, Acting Chair of the BWPA, Julie Westhorp, said, “I would like to congratulate each of the winners and wish them every success in their future flying careers. The BWPA is committed to supporting and encouraging women pilots, especially during training. The standard of applications for our scholarships was extremely high and presented a considerable challenge to the selection panels.”
The full list of winners is as follows:
- Rebecca Neale – BWPA Aeroplanes (Vintage and non-Vintage) Flying Scholarship
- Susie Edwards – BWPA Gliding Scholarship
- Victoria Daley – BWPA Balloon Flying Scholarship
- Sharon Cox – BWPA Microlight Flying Scholarship
- Morag Leslie-Smith – BWPA Saul-Pooley IRI Instruction Scholarship
- Kanchana Gamage - CATS Aviation ATPL Scholarship
Huge thank you to the BWPA, CATS Aviation and Dorothy Saul-Pooley for their incredible support.